Blog Archive

Thursday, September 22, 2011

How have you spent Constitution Week 2011?


Here is a great question that no one has asked me this week: How have you spent Constitution Week? Since no one has asked me that question this week and it is already Thursday, I guess I will have to wait until next year to be asked. So, I will ask you my blarg followers, what have you done to celebrate Constitution Week? Have you read the Constitution? Bill of Rights? Declaration of Independence?

I asked my hubby and he didn't have a clue what Constitution Week was and I didn't tell him because I want him to stay in the dark on his Constitutional rights, so, I can have my friends in law enforcement hassle him. No, I am just messing with him and I will not have my friends in law enforcement pull him over for a bogus taillight offense. Anyway, for those of you that are curious, Constitution Week is a week long celebration of the U.S. Constitution, Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights.

During the hot days of the summer of '76, a bunch of guys who upon signing the Declaration of Independence become traitors to the British Empire, made a promise to thirteen splintered colonies that a new form of government was possible. At the time of the signing, no other nation in the world was governed with separate and divided powers providing a system of checks and balances on the authority of the those that would be governed. It would take a war and almost ten years before the promise would be fulfilled: The Constitution of the United States.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

We are still the only nation in the world that has the original blueprint for self government. Many have copied pieces of our system but none have succeeded in creating all three pieces. Be proud to be an American and thank the Lord for allowing the experiment to work. We are only one generation away from losing it. Pass it on!

P.S.

On Saturday, September 17, 2011, Constitution Day, myself and five other ladies were sworn in as the newest members of the Capt. William Lytle Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment